Advertisement

Latest News

Pin It

Widgets

Paranormal State's Ryan Buell Diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer

By Delords - Friday, August 10, 2012


Paranormal researcher Ryan Buell, the star of A&E's supernatural reality series Paranormal State, is battling pancreatic cancer at the age of 30.

Buell is documenting his struggles with the disease on his Facebook page, telling fans last week that he had been in the hospital and was preparing to relocate the headquarters of the Paranormal Research Society (PRS), the organization he founded, to Raleigh, N.C.

"Thank you all for your continued prayers and well-wishes," Buell posted. "I won't lie, I have been in and out of the hospital all week. ... There are days where I hardly have strength to move, but I sometimes hear chants in the back of my head; cheers, telling me to get up and rise. And that keeps me going every day! God bless you all!"

Buell was hospitalized due to complications with his kidneys and underwent a successful medical procedure this week, according to a post from a PRS staffer on his page. As of Tuesday, he was reportedly at home resting comfortably.

Buell has been speaking publicly about his illness since June, when he posted a picture of himself holding a Captain America shirt with the caption "CANCER: Even the greatest of heroes have to take the fight within. Soldier on!"

"I know there are many of you suffering from illnesses, and not just cancer," Buell wrote. "I say to all of you: SOLDIER ON! I know the pain that you will feel. And the pain for treatment. I still say SOLDIER ON! Let's think of one another during those moments, even though we don't know each other."

Patrick Swayze and Steve Jobs both died from pancreatic cancer in recent years, giving added visibility to one of the deadliest forms of the disease.

Do you want More Free News Updates..?

Get Free Email Updates Daily!

Follow us!

Follow our blog on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook. Stay updated via RSS

0 comments for "Paranormal State's Ryan Buell Diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer"

Leave a Reply

Advertisement