Advertisement

Latest News

Pin It

Widgets

Usain Bolt Wins 200m Olympic Gold, Seal Unique Sprint Double And Makes Olympic Athletics History

By Delords - Friday, August 10, 2012

Usain Bolt made history on Thursday when the Jamaican successfully defended his Olympic 200m crown to claim an unprecedented second successive sprint double.

Bolt matched Michael Johnson's then world-record time from the Atlanta Games of 19.32 seconds as he held off training partner Yohan Blake in silver and Warren Weir in bronze.


Glancing to his left he was aware of Blake closing in a fraction at 150m, but held his form to cross the line with a finger to his lips.

"This is what I wanted and I got it. I'm very proud of myself," the 25-year-old told BBC Sport.
"After a rough season I came out here and did it. I thought the world record was possible. I guess I was fast but not fit enough. "I could feel my back strain a little bit, so all I did was to keep my form. I'm very dedicated to my work and London meant so much to me."


Bolt, who retained his 100m title on Saturday, crossed the line in the equal fourth fastest time of all time of 19.32sec to win in front of a delirious sell-out 80,000 crowd at the Olympic Stadium.

The 25-year-old's victory meant he bettered the record of US track legend Carl Lewis, who won three golds and a silver in the sprints at the 1984 and 1988 Games.

Do you want More Free News Updates..?

Get Free Email Updates Daily!

Follow us!

Follow our blog on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook. Stay updated via RSS

0 comments for "Usain Bolt Wins 200m Olympic Gold, Seal Unique Sprint Double And Makes Olympic Athletics History"

Leave a Reply

Advertisement