Advertisement

Latest News

Pin It

Widgets

Nigeria's and Former Barcelona defender Gbenga Okunowo loses everything as fire engulfs his Ibadan home

By Delords - Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Former Nigeria and Barcelona defender Gbenga Okunowo recently had His Multi-million Naira Dublex and Properties gutted in a fire outburst in the City of Ibadan, Oyo state in Nigeria. The Former Player says he is at a loss how to start life again after a fire burnt down his house in Ibadan.

Okunowo, who played for Barcelona and Benfica in a long career, noted that everything he has ever worked for was ravaged by the blaze on Sunday.


"I was sleeping at around 02:00 Sunday morning when I heard some noise in the house beside mine," he said. "The fire started in that house and I jumped down from the bed to help my neighbours.

"But I did not envisage the fact that the fire would extend to my duplex. But I watched as the fire got to my building and nobody could do anything.

"Before I knew what was happening, the roof of my house was blown and the fire was so fierce that nobody could go near it.

"I could not remove anything from the building. It was so sad. There is nothing left in my duplex. Everything is gone. My whole house is gone. My passport, European residency papers, medals, trophies & belongings were lost in the fire.

"I watched as everything was burnt. I really don't know how to start again. I was wearing my boxers after waking up suddenly and I watched how everything I have laboured for got burnt.


"I really don't know why it had to happen at this time. How do I recover my trophies, medals, passport and other valuables lost? It is a sad day in my life."

The 33-year-old returned to the Nigeria Premier League when he joined Sunshine Stars earlier this season.


The former Super Eagle, who spent three years as a Blaugrana player between 1998 and 2001, says he is devastated after the blaze gutted his house on Sunday morning

Do you want More Free News Updates..?

Get Free Email Updates Daily!

Follow us!

Follow our blog on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook. Stay updated via RSS

0 comments for "Nigeria's and Former Barcelona defender Gbenga Okunowo loses everything as fire engulfs his Ibadan home"

Leave a Reply

Advertisement